We support our clients by embracing traditional, time-honored values of trust, professionalism, and customized service. As such, we have built a reputation in the San Francisco and surrounding communities as a trusted advisor and partner for small business success. We truly are committed to reducing and/or eliminating your business risk!
We are also committed to using innovative technology solutions to take our clients into the next era of accounting—providing the level of service you expect with the convenience you deserve. Our advanced web-based platform offers secure, 24-hour online access to your financial documents. And while this technology is available to serve you on your own terms and schedule, it will never replace the close, personal attention that is the foundation of our business.
It is our goal to provide you with superior service, supported by today's most up-to-date technology. Consider our full line of services:
Tax Planning and Preparation
Cannabis Business Accounting & Consulting
Business Advisory Services
DillingerCPA was originally established as a Tax & Bookkeeping firm to serve the international and domestic tax, consulting, and bookkeeping needs of individuals and small businesses in the San Francisco Bay area and around the world. We strive to strike the perfect balance between personal, attentive service, and professional experience and expertise.
We believe that listening is the foundation of a lasting client relationship built on trust and respect. Our goal is to provide financial leadership, guidance, and sound advice that you can really use to help you grow your business and ensure ongoing success.
Our firm’s leader, John Dillinger, has provided tax services for over 25 years. During that time, he has offered high quality personalized service to a wide variety of clients ranging from individuals to small and medium-sized companies in a variety of diverse industries. John’s background in tax preparation, "Big Four" public accounting, and as an IRS auditor gives him a unique perspective into your tax needs.
Previously, John has successfully helped clients with the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs. He continues to help clients understand and come into compliance in regards to their international filing requirements under the most recent IRS Disclosure Programs. John’s expertise, combined with the extensive experience of the firm’s professional staff, ensures that you are in good hands!
DillingerCPA strives to play an integral role in each of our client’s goals and dreams by helping them to better understand the state of their personal and business finances. We work directly with each of our clients to best help them effectively manage their finances, all while proactively introducing opportunities for growth and wealth. We promise our clients insight, oversight, and foresight - all in all, creating a comprehensive view and direction for financial success.
At DillingerCPA, we believe in the importance of developing strong client-advisor relationships. Through personal one-on-one service and expert tax return and financial statements preparation and advice, we are committed to improving the lives of our clients. We follow a process to best meet our clients' needs, while always keeping in mind their dreams and goals:
1. First, we focus on establishing and defining the Client-CPA Relationship.
2. Next, we work on gathering client data.
3. Once collecting the necessary data, we begin to analyze and evaluate the Client’s Current Financial Issues.
4. Our team of experts work to develop and prepare necessary recommendations and alternatives.
5. Finally, we begin implementing appropriate recommendations.
Continuing Education and Life-Long Learning
At DillingerCPA we believe it is important to continuously acquire new skills and knowledge.
- We will actively seek to expand our range of new competencies and enhanced skills by integrating learning and working experiences.
We are able to perform high quality work in a capable, efficient, and appropriate manner.
- We adhere only to the highest standards of performance. This includes performing high quality work that is designed to share knowledge and deliver value to the end user and translating “big picture” perceptions into strategic action.
At DillingerCPA we conduct ourselves with honesty and professional ethics.
- We uphold a stringent code of professional conduct and unquestionable ethics. We have a reputation for integrity, honesty, and professionalism that is well deserved. We place professional responsibility above personal gain and reject opportunities or assignments that may compromise our principles of integrity.
Attuned to Broad Business Issues
At DillingerCPA we are in tune with the overall realities of the business.
- We will develop a deep understanding of the global, national, and marketplace environment and the impact of forces on various types of organizations, including our own business. We will align with other areas of business practice and other professionals to provide value-added services to our clients. Keeping abreast of technology is critical to increased opportunities for our firm to optimize performance and expand services.
We are able to deal with information free of distortions, personal bias, or conflicts of interest.
- We have a mindset that is uniquely and contextually appropriate in analysis, interpretation, and decision-making processes. We provide advice that is unbiased, and clearly articulates the pros and cons of potential courses of action.
- Ameriprise – “US Tax Requirements when buying property offshore.” May 12, 2016
- Merrill Lynch – “Tax Issues Facing LGBTQ.” July 19, 2016
- John was a featured speaker on a panel of experts for the Knowledge Congress’s live webcast titled “Understanding Form 5471 & Owning Foreign Corporations."
- John spoke on the US Tax Requirements when Buying Property Overseas at “International Living’s—International Real Estate Investment Forum” in Toronto; and their Canada "Live & Invest Overseas Conference" in Las Vegas.